Thursday, June 7, 2012

Getting out of the city

It says "live" vest! Watch out there is a vest that is alive under your seat!
 


So even though it has only been a week in Jakarta it feels like a month. There is so much traffic, noise, bad smells, and smog it could last me a lifetime. So the other students who are also going through the never-ending paperwork process of getting all the documents to do research here suggested that we get out of Jakarta for the weekend. One of the students knew a travel agent here and got us booked for one night on Sepa island, one of the thousand islands of Indonesia. I didn’t realize what an amazing treat it was going to be to go to the island. Since I live in Michigan we have water everywhere and lots of beaches so I didn’t think it would be that different, but I was proved wrong. I have never been somewhere with water that color, such an amazing teal blue! Here are some of the pictures from our one day holiday from Jakarta.



1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it there safely. Good luck with all the paperwork! I don't envy that!
    Beautiful island!
    Hope everything goes smoothly. :)

    ReplyDelete