Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Gecko on the wall

 
A gecko running along the wall today startled me. It ran along the wall and up and over the door, then reversed its path. I know it got in the open window in the hallway that doesn’t have a screen. I wonder what other sorts of creatures come in the windows? Yikes!

But I guess I should get used to it since I will be headed out to the field and there will be way more to worry about there than a gecko sneaking into my room. Well I should be headed to the field. But the paperwork at all of the different government offices is super overwhelming. We have to get permits and paperwork from RISTEK, Immigrasi, the police, the Forestry, and home affairs. And sometimes you need one document from somewhere before you can do the next part of the process and usually that document is held up (since someone estimates it will take a few days to process). This means there are sometimes multiple trips to each of the offices because you need to get things signed at both. Can’t wait to get out of these Jakarta offices!

No comments:

Post a Comment