Friday, October 26, 2012

Memories are funny like that

 
All of the newness, the stimuli coming from everywhere, is something I miss about Indonesia. I was admittedly a little overwhelmed by this when I was there but looking back now I feel in withdrawal. I miss having small surprising moments of cultural differences appear to me. I miss how good a cold Coca Cola tastes after baking in the heat walking around all day. The fruit was exotic and a really unique experience. The people were as interested in us as we were in them. They were very welcoming and patient with my attempts at speaking bahasa Indonesia with them. I think I left a small part of my heart in Indonesia, a land so foreign I thought I might never go back, but now I can’t imagine never finding myself there again.





No comments:

Post a Comment