Wednesday, February 29, 2012

FundaGeek

I am moving forward with the visa process, getting my plane ticket for Indonesia, and I am gathering the necessary gear to be able to do research in the jungle for 7 months. That means it is time to pay for all of these things. When I originally started to plan to travel to the other side of the world I thought I was going to be there less than 3 months, but after many conversations with the professor I will be working with we decided that it would make the most sense for me to stay the rest of the duration of the project. (That way I get more experience and he doesn't lose his help halfway through).

The biology department at my school has been so supportive and they are allowing me to do an internship for the fall semester so I can make this happen. So at this point I thought, great a win-win for everyone! But by more than doubling the time I will be living in Indonesia it raises the price of my visa, room and board, and travel costs within the country since I will now be traveling to extra field sites. I really need help to make this all happen. I have started a profile on a basic research funding website called FundaGeek. The website contains a profile with more information about the research I will be doing with a video you should definitely check out, as well as a call to help me make my research happen. But your support will not leave you empty handed there are awards for different levels of backing. Please take a second to check out some of the niffy offerings I have on the site. I really need your help to make my research a reality!

And make sure to tell your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment