Saturday, June 11, 2011


Crowned Lemur

Of course since Mike was visiting I had to show him where I am doing my research this summer. So we took the official tour at the Duke Lemur Center.

Ringtailed Lemur scent marking a tree

 On the tour we of course had to stay on the outside of the enclosures, but for my research I actually get to go inside to work with the lemurs. (Hopefully this summer I will be able to get some pictures without the mesh obstructing the view.)


Coquerel's Sifaka (my favorite!)
 Here are some pictures of three different species, not even close to all of the species! At the Duke Lemur center there are at least 20 species. Also Mike and I were fortunate enough to be touring on the debut weekend for the new tour path which is very beautiful.


The name of the mom is Pia and the baby is Adelaide.
New tour path

No comments:

Post a Comment